Our Response to the Outbreak of COVID-19
We are taking the COVID-19 outbreak very seriously and we want you to as well.
Below you will find our office plan
Appointments: PLEASE NOTE TEMPORARY CHANGES DUE TO COVID-19
WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCEPT WALK IN APPOINTMENTS AT THIS TIME ALL APPOINTMENTS MUST BE SCHEDULED
Tuesday 8AM to 5PM
Wednesday 9 AM to 5PM
Thursday 8AM to 5PM
Friday 8AM to 5PM
– Office is closed: 12 PM to 1PM daily –
Our Current Office Plan as of 5/26/2020:
This has been a difficult and scary past few months for everyone. As Governor Scott loosens restrictions in the State, we are moving forward slowly to re-open our office. There will be many changes, but they are necessary for the health of all.
• As we begin we will be scheduling patients for routine and well visits. You will be screened before your appointment to ensure you are not ill. We will continue with telemedicine as well.
• It is imperative to keep social distancing! To do this in our office we, will need to have you wait in your car and call our office phone when you arrive. When entering the office you will be required to wear a Facial Covering. Only the patient is allowed in the room with the provider if possible. There will be circumstances when someone needs help and we will do our best to accommodate those situations. When another person has come with the patient, we ask that person wait in their vehicle. We need to restrict the amount of people in our waiting room to ensure social distancing guidelines.
• We encourage hand washing as much as possible.
• The front desk will look different as we have installed a glass barrier to help protect the spread of germs to you and our employees. All staff having direct contact with you will be wearing protective face masks, shields, gloves and or gowns if necessary.
As the weeks and months proceed, we will be closely monitoring the COVID-19 statistics and guidelines put forth by our Governor and the Health Department. We will be evaluating our workflow on a weekly basis and make changes as needed. Our hopes are to begin to see more and more patients in our office, but this will be a slow process to ensure we do not see a surge in COVID-19 cases.
Please have patience with us as we move forward with the re-opening of the office.
The Staff of Shaftsbury Medical Associates
In addition, we ask that you have a working thermometer, access to a cell phone, and if possible, the ability to video chat from a phone or computer.
COVID-19 is spreading. We have cases in our community
Please educate yourself and prepare
People over 50 and people with serious medical problems
are at increased risk of life-threatening illness and
need to limit their risk of exposure.
Infected children are likely to show no signs of illness or seem to only have a common cold, but they may still be contagious.
Please support your family and neighbors. Please protect our elders.
Please follow the basics of social distancing!